International Cultural Assets Comparison (國際文化資產比較)
|Second semester, Tuesday, 10AM-12AM, DS204
|Bamiyan (Afghanistan), © P.Smars, 2003|
- Familiarise the students with the international community working for the preservation of cultural heritage.
- Explore challenges posed by typical threads affecting cultural heritage accross the world.
- Explore the question of 'principles of cultural heritage conservation': cultural differences and international agreements.
The class includes lectures and seminars sessions. It will be based on the discussion of case studies.
- International cooperation
- First attempts of international cooperation
- UNESCO World Heritage Centre
- Professional bodies
- International standards
- Research programs
- Structural stability
- Mass tourism
- Rapid development
Mid-term, final exam and participation during the class.
Slides of the lectures
Back to home page