History of Western architecture, special topics (西方建築史專題)
|Tuesday 3PM - 5PM
Slides of the lectures,
- Improve students' understanding of architecture.
- Give some basic knowledge and a taste for European architecture.
- Approach architecture from different perspectives (history of forms, history of ideas, economics, technique...).
- Improve research skills of the students.
The final outcome of the class will be a 'book'. A European area
(a province or a 'city of Art') will be chosen and a final report, in the form of
an 'architectural guide' will be prepared by the students.
- Library and Internet research.
- Lectures (P. Smars).
- Seminars on specific topics (choice of area, historical background,
geographical background, architectural background, technical background, a particular building...).
Those seminars will be prepared and presented by the students
- Preparation of illustrations.
- Preparation of notices.
- 'Architectural guide' edition.
Seminar preparation and presentation, final report.
Back to home page