Conservation history & theory (保存與修復理論)
|First semester, Thursday 8AM - 10AM, DH304
Slides of the lectures,
- Give a brief account of the history of architectural conservation.
- Approach ethical problems of conservation through historical examples.
- Understand the major values of Heritage and the challenges of conservation.
The class consists of lecture sessions.
- Introduction to the theory of Conservation.
- Attitudes towards monuments before 1850.
- Attitudes towards monuments in the early 19th century.
- Industrial revolution and romanticism.
- Stylistic restorations.
- Anti-restoration movement.
- Alois Riegl and the values of monuments.
- Charter of Venice and beyond.
Mid-term and final exam, participation during the class.
Back to home page