|First semester, Tuesday 1PM-3PM, DS204
Slides of the lectures,
- Understand the key role of documentation for Heritage Conservation.
- Look at architecture from different perspectives in order to understand it better.
- Gain experience in various documentation techniques through practical exercises in Dou-Liu area.
- Gain confidence in the use of different expression techniques (drawing, photographs, texts...).
- Interest students in their local heritage.
The class includes lecture and seminar sessions as well as practical exercises on the field.
- Position of the problem: Documentation & Heritage Conservation
- Documenting values: what makes buildings worth of conservation?
- Introduction to different documentation techniques
- Practical exercises in Dou-Liu area: inventory of the buildings of cultural significance,
more detailed analysis of particular buildings.
Surveying exercises, final report.
2006-2007: documentation of Lun-Feng
Documentation of the architectural Heritage of a little village in the area of Dou-Liu. Work in progress.
2005-2006: documentation of
In the classroom
On the field
Back to home page