|First semester, Friday 1PM - 4PM (DH304)
- Give an introduction to the scientific method.
- Introduce students to key physical concepts necessary in conservation studies.
- Give the base of understanding of deterioration mechanisms and methods of analysis.
The class consists of lecture sessions.
- Introduction to physics and scientific method
- Units, measurements and errors
- Properties of solids
- Properties of fluids
- Light and colours
- Building physics: temperature, humidity
- Physical effects of environment on materials
- Destructive and non-destructive analysis
- Dating techniques
Mid-term, final exam and participation during the class.
Slides of the lectures
Back to home page